Year 6 Transition
Dear new Year 7 pupil,
I hope that you have had a lovely summer holiday, spent with your family and friends, and that you are looking forward to starting at Ambrose as much as the staff are looking forward to meeting you. As the holidays are drawing to a close, I thought it might be useful to give you some information about your first day so that you feel prepared.
The Autumn term begins for all Year 7 pupils on Thursday 2 September. You should arrive at school, wearing full school uniform, no later than 8.40am. School can be accessed via the entrance on either the A6 or Ash Drive. Your Head of Year, Miss Prady, your Form Tutors and myself will all be around to help you get to where you need to be. Please do not worry if you cannot remember or do not know which form group you have placed in- this can all be sorted very quickly on Thursday morning. During the time that you will spend with your Form Tutor, you will be issued with your timetable and go through school systems and routines.
You should attend school with a black school bag and should make sure that you bring a pencil case containing your equipment, which will be checked each morning by your Form Tutor. As a reminder, the list of what you are expected to bring is below:
- Blue ballpoint pen (+ spare)
- Pencil eraser
- Pocket English dictionary
- Spanish language dictionary
- Pencil sharpener
- Ruler 12”/30cm
- Pen drive/memory stick(optional)
- Coloured pencils
- Pair of compasses
- Rough notebook/jotter
- Set square
- Aprons for Design Technology and Food Technology
At lunchtime you are able to eat a packed lunch or bring money with you to buy something from the canteen. At break time, the same arrangements will be in place.
Although this is an exciting time, some of you might be feeling a little anxious about Thursday. This is perfectly normal as you navigate a new school building, meet new teachers and get to know your form group and new classes. Please be reassured that Miss Prady, your Form Tutors and myself will all be around to answer any questions you have and help you to settle into Ambrose as quickly as possible. Your teachers from your primary schools have told me fantastic things about each and every one of you and Miss Prady and I know that you are going to have a fantastic first year at secondary school. Just be yourself, work hard and you will be great!
I look forward to seeing you all again on Thursday.
Head of English/ Transition Lead
Be Secondary Ready
- Be Secondary Ready May Half Term Challenge
- Be Awesome Go Big Workbook editable.pptx
- Salford LEA Boost Transition Workbook
- Session 1 Being awesome.pptx
- Session 2 Unlocking your mind.pptx
- Session 3 Dare to take risks.pptx
- Session 4 Making the change.pptx
- Session 5 Lost but not lost.pptx
- Session 6 Bouncebackability.pptx
- Session 7 What is normal anyway.pptx
- Session 8 Friendships and fallouts.pptx
- Session 9 Living well.pptx
Information for Parents/Carers
- PiXL Secondary Building Resilience Parent Pamphlet
- PiXL Secondary Growth Mindset Parent Pamphlet
- PiXL Secondary Helping your child get into good habits Parent Pamphlet
- PiXL Secondary Making the Change Parent Pamphlet
- PiXL Secondary Transition into secondary school Parent Pamphlet