Year 6 Transition
Dear Year 6,
We are delighted that you will be joining St Ambrose Barlow RC High School in September and hope that you are looking forward to moving to secondary school. You might be feeling a little nervous about joining a new school, or you could be feeling quite excited at the thought of meeting new friends and studying some new subjects. Whatever your emotions at the moment, please be reassured that we will do all we can to ensure that you settle into Ambrose quickly and have a happy transition.
If you are from one of our main feeder primary schools, I will be visiting you very soon, either in person or remotely.
For pupils where this is unable to take place, I will be holding online sessions over the coming months so that you can learn more about what you can expect in Year 7 and hear from some of our pupils about their first year at Ambrose.
On this page, you will find some more information about how you can prepare yourselves for secondary school through the ‘Be Awesome, Go Big’ Challenge and also a workbook produced by Salford LEA. There are lots of things to keep you busy!
Keep an eye on your parents’ or carers’ email for more information about other events we have coming up to support your transition to Ambrose.
I look forward to meeting you soon.
Be Secondary Ready
- Be Secondary Ready May Half Term Challenge
- Be Awesome Go Big Workbook editable.pptx
- Salford LEA Boost Transition Workbook
- Session 1 Being awesome.pptx
- Session 2 Unlocking your mind.pptx
- Session 3 Dare to take risks.pptx
- Session 4 Making the change.pptx
- Session 5 Lost but not lost.pptx
- Session 6 Bouncebackability.pptx
- Session 7 What is normal anyway.pptx
- Session 8 Friendships and fallouts.pptx
- Session 9 Living well.pptx
Information for Parents/Carers
- PiXL Secondary Building Resilience Parent Pamphlet
- PiXL Secondary Growth Mindset Parent Pamphlet
- PiXL Secondary Helping your child get into good habits Parent Pamphlet
- PiXL Secondary Making the Change Parent Pamphlet
- PiXL Secondary Transition into secondary school Parent Pamphlet
This is Ambrose
Academic Year 2019/2020